You’re fit if you’re:
1. within 10% of your ideal percent body fat.
For men this is less than 26% body fat and women less than 36% body fat.
You can get scales that measure your percent body fat from department stores, sports stores and chemists. They don’t cost all that much.
2. Aerobically fit.
To meet the standard you need to be able to run 35 laps of a course, 20m long – back and forth for 5 minutes. For regular folks 35 laps would be good, 40 better and 45 best.
3. strong enough to do 20 of each of these three exercises within 30 seconds.
- situps, knees up, feet held, hands on your ears.
- pressups, men on the toes and women on the front of the thighs
- Squats Squat right down so your bottom is close to your heels. You may need a heel raise.
4. your blood pressure and blood glucose levels are within the normal range.
Apart from containing the Aerobic Fitness Diary, the Fitness Tracka comes with a spreadsheet in which you can electronically record your workouts.
Over the weeks and months you’ll be able to keep track of your progress and the intensity and duration of your training program.