Do you suffer from migraines?
There is an epidemic of migraines – particularly amongst women.
What is it.
A migraine is an intense headache, usually associated with ….
What causes it
If the causes of the problem were known the solutions to the problem would be more widely known, people would adopt the solutions and be migraine free. This does not appear to be the case.
In all cases the Lifestyle Prescription needs to be implemented. Normal, healthy human beings don’t get migraines.
The causes include
- poor physical condition
- stress and anxiety
- food additives – preservatives, flavourings, colourings, emulsifiers, surfactants …
- culturally acceptable chemicals – nicotine, Panadeine, Caffeine, alcohol
- herbicides, pesticides, fungicides …
- drugs – prescribed and other
- toxic internal environment
- food intolerances
- too much of some foods – too little of others
- micro-nutrient insufficiency – lack of essential vitamins, minerals and fasts
- liver dysfunction
- lack of oxygen getting to the brain
- hormonal imbalance
- eye strain
- musculo-skeletal misalignment – particularly relating to the muscles around the neck and shoulders
Here are a number of foods which stimulate migraines in some people.
You are encouraged to conduct an eliminating trial on the following foods
- anything containing wheat
- the deadly night shades – potatoes, tomatoes, capsicum, egg plant
- orange juice
- caffeine – be warned that when coming off caffeine you may experience a migraine as blood vessels in your head dilate and more blood flows into you cranial cavity. The increased pressure may stimulate a migraine.
- flashing lights, loud noise
- sleep deprivation and tiredness
Your body may be lacking in some essential vitamins, minerals, fats and glycoproteins. The fact that some migraines respond immediately to a dose of bi-carbonate of soda may suggest ……. insufficiency. Other minerals related to migraines may include